All members of the board support our programs and services through committee work and financial support. In addition, at least 51% of our board members are people with disabilities, and serve as role models for our consumers.
Our Board of Directors represents the interests of all people served by SADI. Their major function is to advise and generate alternative ideas, recommend action, and to problem solve.
Timothy D. Woodard
We are looking for people who:
- Want to work on behalf of people with disabilities
- Have a disability and successfully function in everyday life
- Live or work in Cape, Bollinger, Mississippi, Scott or Perry County
What we ask of our board members:
- Attend 6 board meetings per year held on the 2nd Thursday of the month from 6:00-7:30 pm at the SADI office at 755 South Kingshighway, Cape Girardeau, MO
- Serve on at least one committee
- Act as an ambassador for SADI in your community
- Advocate on behalf of individuals with disabilities
- Share your strategic thinking skills at meetings
**Applications can also be faxed to 573-651-6565 or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org