Your Rights Under Title VI
For info about Title VI if you believe you’ve been segregated against on the basis of race, color, or national origin by SADI, file a Title VI by completing the Title VI Complaint form.
SADI agrees to comply with all provisions prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, or national origin of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, 42 U.S.C. 200d et seq., and with U.S. DOT regulations, “Nondiscrimination in Federally-Assisted Programs of the Department of Transportation—Effectuation of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act,” 49 CFR part 21.
SEMO Alliance for Disability Independence (SADI) posts Title VI notices on our agency’s website, in public areas of our agency, and on our buses and/or paratransit vehicles.
SADI operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, or national origin, in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
If you believe you have been discriminated against on the basis of race, color, or national origin by SADI, you may file a Title VI complaint by completing and submitting the agency’s Title VI Complaint Form.
How To File A Title VI Complaint
- To obtain a Complaint Form please contact SADI at (573) 651-6464, download a digital copy to mail in or fill out the form below.
- A mailed version of the complaint can be sent directly to the Executive Director/Title VI Officer, Maryann Gudermuth. If you are mailing the form, please send it to the following address:Maryann Gudermuth, Executive Director/Title VI Officer
SEMO Alliance for Disability Independence
1913 Rusmar Street
Cape Girardeau, Missouri 63703.
- In addition to the complaint process at SADI, complaints may be filed directly with the Federal Transit Administration, Office of Civil Rights, Region VII, (816) 329-3920.
- Complaints must be filed within 180 days following the date of the alleged discriminatory occurrence and should contain as much detailed information about the alleged discrimination as possible.
- A physical copy of the form must be signed and dated, and include your contact information. Digital submissions do not require this step.
The United States Department of Justice
No person in the United States shall, on the ground of race, color, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.